Here's a checklist for your business. You can mentally tick a Yes or No to each of these...
1. I have a website that perfectly showcases what my business is.
The face of your website is the face of your business. It should reflect what your business is and does, and what your values are. This is important to remember as more and more people search via the Internet.
2. My website has professional graphics and design and looks beautiful.
Image is important. It doesn't have to be all slick and over-the-top but it should be professional enough to be engaging and evoke trust.
3. New people are visiting my site every day.
People, aka traffic, are important to your business. Get that traffic through various marketing methods.
4. I sell products from my website.
You're not just selling products but also your services and your brand.
5. I look at my site's stats and know where my customers are coming from.
Knowing how people are finding your site means you can beef up the weak areas or put extra time and resources in the strong areas.
6. I use social media and there are links on my site.
At the very least you'll want to consider getting on Twitter and putting up a Facebook fan page.
7. I collect names and email addresses of my site visitors so I can market to them down the line.
This is huge! Offer something people want in exchange for their email address and you'll have a targeted list of people who are interested in what you have to offer.